- NTT adds 4K Range Extensions support to H.265/HEVC codec SDK
- Simple.tv now lets you share your DVR recordings with your cord-cutting friends — Tech News and Analysis
- TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button • The Register
- Making 4K a reality - FierceCable
- Over 820 Ultra HD satellite channels worldwide by 2025
- Viasat warned in Ukraine
- Rumour: Samsung Splash Page to Take Over TV in Next Firmware Update?  | Opinion - TV App Market - Social TV, Connected TV, TV Apps, Second Screen, Transmedia
- Roadmap established for CI Plus 1.4
- Sky’s NowTV Box teardown pictures: A close cousin to the Raspberry Pi | ITProPortal.com
- TVTechnology: General Dynamics Mediaware to Demo 4K HEVC Ad Insertion at IBC
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
Author Archives: Ian D. Nock
Switzerland’s largest cable operator UPC Cablecom will offer all of its customers a triple play package consisting of TV, internet and telephony as the standard basic subscription from January 1, 2015. via UPC Cablecom makes triple play standard.
RTL Group has posted a €88 million impairment in its first-half results as a consequence of the new advertising tax rules implemented by the Hungarian government. via RTL takes €88 million hit from Hungarian ad tax plan » Digital TV … Continue reading
The Kudelski Group’s acquisition of Conax has boosted the security to technology company in the first half of the year. via Conax makes first Nagra contribution.
TV personalisation, discovery and recommendations firm ContentWise has appointed TiVo director of product management, Pancrazio Auteri, as its new chief technology officer. via ContentWise appoints TiVo exec as CTO » Digital TV Europe.
TV technology provider Kudelski has raised its full year revenue and profit guidance following the consolidation of its Conax acquisition and its patent cross-licence agreement with Cisco. via Kudelski raises revenue and profit outlook » Digital TV Europe.
Swiss service provider Sunrise increased its TV customer base by 53.5% year-on-year in the second quarter, with 89,200 people subscribing to its IPTV service as of June 30. via Sunrise grows TV base by 54% » Digital TV Europe.
IBC TV is launching a new-look online TV service with a round-the-clock linear schedule, which will be available everywhere. via IBC TV goes Everywhere.
EY says broadcasters need to drive fundamental operational changes in order to be prepared for the future. via EY says broadcasters need to change.
UK digital satellite platform Sky is updating its TV Guide with a new recommendations feature and launching a ‘Smart Series Link’. Sky customers will start to see a raft of new features from Sky+ which will be rolled out to … Continue reading
ABI Research said that the second quarter pf 2014 showed about a 5% growth in set-top box revenues from a key set of major OEMs. via Arris gains, Cisco loses in STB market.